New to St. Albert last year, my son made the SLAM team and really enjoyed playing competitive basketball. Still lots to learn; will be registering for Midgets soon!
My son has played with SLAM for the last two years and has had an experience. I would recommend SLAM to anyone who's child was wanting to learn basketball or just wants an amazing, fun sports experience for their child.
My son played in Mini this past year and I saw a huge improvement in his basketball skills as well as his maturity. He had an amazing coach and great team. We look forward to next year in bantam
SLAM has been a part of our lives since we moved here in 2011. It is a high quality basketball program for kids of all skill levels! All 3 of my children are now involved at various levels and love playing. This past year my son was a part of the Mini Boys C team that won the City Championship for that division. They worked so hard for that championship and learned a lot through the year! We can't wait for next season!
My son played in initiation last year. Great experience, the kids improved incredibly from the beginning of the year, and there were always smiles!!
Great experience with Slam last year! Coaches wre fantastic and my son gained so much more confidence! Already registered for next year!!
Our son has played SLAM for years. Last year was another great year with solid coaching and good skill development.
My son played for the first time last year and really enjoyed the program. We had very enthusiastic and patient coaches. I highly recommend!
First year my son loved it! Definitely be back again next year
Great experience all around! My son loved playing for SLAM.
Josh played Bantam A Boys for the second year had a great experience with Coach John, Tim and Andrew going to provincials after taking second place in City Championships already registered for Midget Boys for next season
FROM SNYB (Saturday Group) Official Feedback
- I like the structure. The repetitiveness is good for this age group
- St.Albert slam is very well ran. My sons constantly rave about the knowledge they have gain from the coaches. I am amazed by both of my sons improvement thanks to slam.
- overall a very positive experience a motivating and inclusive environment for kids to learn sport
- The pre mini basketball program was an excellent way for my son to develop both his basketball and physical ability skills. He has learned teamwork ball handling and shooting skills.
- A big thank you to the volunteer coaches. They really did an excellent job of carrying on the skills started by the technical coach. The drills to learn the skills were really well thought out and fun for the kids. They don’t even realize they are learning basketball. A great value for the money.
- Basketball coaches were fantastic. Very encouraging to my son. He developed confidence in himself this year about a new sport and enjoyed every week.
- Instructors were amazing! My son really learned a lot.
- SLAM basketball is where this survey came through. Super program GREAT coach Jamie AWESOME! Best coach my daughter has had in ANY sports she’s played so far. Love it and she will be back next fall and my younger daughter will also be introduced
- My son is very active and I have been fortunate to have skilled people working with him whether it was when he was 4 yes and learning how to skate or now with learning how to play basketball.
- Jamie is a very good coach. I only wish we have more people like him.
| My son’s listening skills and basketball skills have come a long way. I’m very happy. |
- I feel like the program is sound and provided an excellent starting point to basketball. I appreciated the time taken to teach the basics
- My son plays basketball every chance he gets... He set a goal to do a physical activity every evening.